Name: Human Resources Department
Website (apply here): https://bit.ly/2FU5v1F
Location: Great Neck, New York
Company Name: Northwell Health
Job Category: Polysomnographic Technologist
Open Position Title: Polysomnograph Tech - Scoring
Employment Type: Full Time
Giving patients the rest they need. Are you Made for this?
Polysomnograph Tech - Scoring
North Shore University Hospital - Great Neck, NY
At Northwell Health, we know that rest is a key to healthy living. As a Polysomnograph Tech, you’ll have the opportunity to provide transformative care to help patients rest easier.
We’re looking for a Polysomnograph Tech to perform comprehensive polysomnographic testing, analysis, and associated interventions, under the general oversight of a clinical coordinator and/or clinical director. You will also score clinical events and prepare reports for Physician review and assessment. You will:
● Compile and document patient history, current condition and medication intake during interview/assessment.
● Identify signs, symptoms, special factors and co-morbid conditions affecting patients with potential sleep disorders.
● Communicate procedures to patient and answers questions in order to ease apprehension and produce comfort and cooperation.
● Prepare patient for a procedure by applying electrodes and sensors in accordance with policy and procedures.
● Perform appropriate physiologic calibrations and adjustments to equipment. Perform positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting and acclimatizations.
● Follow procedural protocols to ensure accurate polysomnographic data acquisition. Identify and report signal abnormalities.
● Document routine observations, including sleep stages, clinical events, procedural changes and other significant events in order to facilitate interpretation and scoring of polysomnography results.
● Document daytime polysomnographic recordings, such as polysomnograph (PSG), Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) and Maintenance of Wakefulness
● Test (MWT) studies.
● Generate reports of sleep/wake and clinical event data tabulations.
● Oversee and perform other procedures and therapeutic interventions including, but not limited to, continuous bi-level positive airway pressure and oxygen administration, ambulatory monitoring set-up and analysis and therapeutic acclimatizations.
● Score sleep/wake stages following established policies and procedures and score clinical events, including respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousals, etc., within center specific protocols.
● Generate accurate reports for study interpretation.
● Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment and education of all age groups.
● Complete all required billing information forms.
● Associate’s Degree in a field of Science
● Must have one of the following certifications or registrations:
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
Certified Polysomnographic Technician (CPSGT)
Registered Sleep Technologies (RST)
Registered Respiratory Therapist – Sleep Disorders Specialist (RRT-SDS)
Certified Respiratory Therapist- Sleep Disorders Specialist (CRT- SDS)
● Certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
● Minimum of one (1) year directly related clinical experience
● Knowledge of American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) scoring rules
● New York State License in Respiratory Therapy, preferred
● Certification in Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), preferred.
Interested candidates, please apply online at: https://bit.ly/2FU5v1F
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/Vet
About Northwell Health:
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 650 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We’re training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies. For information on our more than 100 medical specialties, visit Northwell.edu.