Company Name: Emory Healthcare
Job Category: Sleep Technologist
Open Position Title: Sleep Technologist
Employment Type: Full Time
Sleep Technologist, 8p - 6:30a
The Sleep Technologist operates polysomnographic recording equipment used to record and evaluate sleep/wake pathology and accurately scores polysomnographic recordings in preparation for physician interpretation.
• Operates and calibrates polysomnographic equipment.
• Reviews patient medical charts, confirms physician orders, and requested protocol to be performed.
• Interviews patients to assess current sleep patterns, medication allergies/conditions, current medications, and any alcohol or caffeine intake the day of the test.
• Performs related patient processing and documentation procedures as necessary.
• Applies and removes elctrodes and other equipment used in conjunction with polysomnography including EKG, EMG, EOG, airflow, and oximtery in clinic patients.
• Applies and titrate CPAP/BiPAP based on physicians's orders and established protocols.
• Educates patients on use of CPAP/BiPAP.
• Monitors sleep recording, patient position in bed, as well as recognition of sleep pathology.
• Recognizes and records clinical and physiological events.
• Participates in orientation and training of new staff for the sleep laboratory.
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• One year related experience.
• Must be a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist.
The Emory Sleep Center provides state-of-the-art care for all types of sleep disorders. Emory Healthcare is proud to be Georgia’s most comprehensive health care system, with seven hospitals and more than 200 community-based locations serving the Atlanta community. We are nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report, are home to the only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center in Georgia, the only proton therapy center in Georgia, and the only health system in Georgia with three Magnet®-designated hospitals: Emory University Hospital, Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital and Emory University Orthopaedics & Spine Hospital. Our team is more than 17,000 strong and committed to the health of our community.
Learn more and apply online here.
An Equal Opportunity Employer