Phone #: 229-000-0000
Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
Company Name: Mercyhealth
Job Category: Sleep Specialist
Open Position Title: Pulmonary Sleep Coordinator
Employment Type: Full Time
A passion for making lives better.
At Mercyhealth, we serve with a passion for making lives better. We hire well qualified individuals because we want our patients to get exceptional care, close to home. We are growing and expanding services because we want to make lives better by providing greater access to top-notch medical care for the communities we serve. We purchase the latest technology and pursue advanced accreditations and certifications because our patients deserve the very best health care has to offer. We are seeking talented, compassionate individuals to join us: PULMONARY SLEEP COORDINATOR, Sleep Center Mercyhealth Pulmonary Clinic, Janesville, WI
The natural leader we select for this important role will coordinate our sleep centers and pulmonary department in the performance of essential duties and responsibilities, encompassing inpatient and outpatient procedures and monitoring, which includes PSG, MSLT, and PAP titrations.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Managing other employees, including the provision of leadership, training, and performance of staff competencies and evaluations
- Making staffing and budgetary recommendations.
- Measuring electrical activity of patient brain waves and other physiological variables while assisting the physician in diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.
- Reporting any status changes in patient condition to the appropriate staff/physician.
- Performing and documenting monitoring components according to unit-based guidelines.
- Participates in long-term planning sessions.
- Preparing and distributing monthly reports.
- Ordering equipment and supplies.
- Supervising, planning, and helping to develop educational programs.
- Performing QA & I.
- Graduation from an accredited respiratory therapy or EEG program with an associate's degree.
- Registry by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists.
- Approved CPR or BLS certification.
- Formal sleep training and experience.
- Ability and willingness to accumulate 50 sleep-related CEUs within a five-year period, including a minimum of five per year.
- Ability to pass the WI Caregiver Background Check and/or Illinois Health Care Workers Background Check.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- The strong communication/interpersonal skills essential to analyzing professional/technical journals, writing reports, presenting information, and responding to questions from internal and external groups.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office processing software.
Preferred Credentials: Graduation from an accredited respiratory therapy or EEG program with a bachelor's degree.
In addition to opportunities to learn, grow, and advance, Mercyhealth offers health and dental insurance, vacation, matched retirement savings, and more. Apply online at: MercyHealthSystem.org