Name: Rose Arriaga
Phone #: (630) 375-9499
Location: Aurora, IL
Company Name: Midwest Center for Sleep Disorders
Job Category: Sleep Technologist
Open Position Title: RPSGT
Employment Type: Part Time
1. Performs procedures appropriate to the competence and credentials of a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT).
2. Gathers and analyzes patient information by reviewing the patient history, physical information, medications, and verifies the medical order and protocol to be followed for the procedure.
3. Demonstrates the ability to adequately prepare and calibrate the equipment needed for testing
4. Explains the testing procedure, and orients the patient to the sleep center; accurately applies electrodes and sensors according to facility policy and procedures for the test being performed
5. Follow procedural protocols for Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia studies, PAP and oxygen titration; Performs routine positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fittings
6. Documents routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and any additional significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
7. Able to score sleep studies accurately, following AASM scoring rules.
8. Performs polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free, and makes adjustments as necessary; documents routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and any additional significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results
9. Implements appropriate interventions; including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as continuous and bi-level positive airway pressure, oxygen administration.
10. Recognizes clinically significant events and follows facility policy and procedures regarding critical test results.
11. Maintains continuing education and competencies; acquires new competencies relative to industry standards in Sleep Medicine and sleep studies as an RPSGT.
12. Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.