Name: Erin Gilbertson, Human Resources
Phone #: (763) 235-6742
Location: Golden Valley, Minnesota
Company Name: Inspire Medical Systems, Inc.
Job Category: Sleep Technologist
Open Position Title: Therapy Support Specialist - Central Midwest
Employment Type: Full Time
This is a remote position - seeking candidates in the Central Midwest region of the United States.
The Therapy Support Specialist role is for a highly-trained specialist dedicated to optimizing Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation (UAS) therapy outcomes once the system has been implanted. This position provides expertise and leadership in the areas of clinical sleep medicine, specifically polysomnography, PAP therapy and patient care management and is responsible for performing tasks that will ensure the success of Inspire therapy. Through empiric learning and customer interactions, this position will furthermore aid research and development of Inspire UAS therapy.
• Assist with customer training for new Inspire UAS commercial & clinical sites.
• Train new customers to use the Inspire Programmer System.
• Train new customers to use the current Inspire UAS titration algorithm and how to perform Inspire UAS device programming.
• Assist with future development and improvements to the UAS titration algorithm.
• Develop and research new methods to improve training materials to ensure adequate and efficient training of new commercial and clinical sites.
• Provide direct on-site support for Inspire UAS titration sleep studies at night, troubleshooting appointments (day and night), and awake endoscopy and drug-induced sleep endoscopy (DISE) day-time appointments when needed for advanced programming support
• Provide remote (via internet or phone) support for Inspire UAS titration sleep studies at night and other troubleshooting appointments
• Assist with coverage of a therapy support phone line as part of an “on-call” coverage team fielding questions from both allied healthcare professionals and patients
• Work with Quality Assurance to ensure timely reporting of potential adverse events and product/therapy issues including corrective and/or preventive actions.
• Develop long term relationships with customers to provide high quality and reliable therapy support services.
• Work within a changing weekly schedule, which is dependent upon numerous factors including upcoming sleep studies and weekly customer support needs.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) field is preferred.
• Highly prefer registered polysomnographic technologist certification (RPSGT), Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) certification, or clinical sleep educator certification.
• 5 years of experience in the field of sleep medicine, having worked a majority of time in a sleep clinic, sleep laboratory or durable medical equipment (DME) company.
• 2 years of experience in a sleep laboratory as either a sleep technologist or an allied health care professional, with the primary responsibility of sleep apnea care and management.
• At least 1 year of experience manually scoring or interpreting sleep studies.